Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do I get the message Size of <file.qvd> exceeds the file size limit?

I would like to know to be able to change the limit to be able to import a QVD for training (me). I'm new to this and I'm using Qlik Sense!

4 Replies
Thiago_Justen_

Please check this out: Re: QVD , in qvd file how much max data we can load?

Thiago Justen Teixeira Gonçalves
Farol BI
WhatsApp: 24 98152-1675
md_qlikview
Creator II
Creator II

Have a look on some of the related threads, it may clarify your doubt

Maximum QVX / QVD file size

What is limit of QVD size &amp; how we can optimize the over sized QVD

balabhaskarqlik

In order to be able to store it all the data needs to have been loaded into RAM and if you don't have enough RAM that is a limit one can easily reach with large datasets.

But for a QVD to be created all the data one wishes to store in it has to held in RAM via the load script.  People do on occasion run out of RAM to store the data and thus this in practice becomes the limiting factor size wise to creating a QVD.

There is though a limitation on the number of unique values that can be held in a single field, a touch over a billion I think but that may have increased as new versions of Qlik are released.  But that is a limit within the QIX Engine's Symbol Tables / Bit Mapped Pointers and not QVD Files.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. To bypass this training issue I coded the script to load the files in and it did not have a problem. I presume a scripted load performs the action differently than being held in memory (as comments stated) on a drop in (presumably for a user to modify on load). I modified the load requirements afterwards.

Cheers all,

Gary