Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtate1959
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need help with setting values using a button

Hi, I want to be able to create a button that when selected would set the values in a dimension.

My dimensions for selections are  :

StatePhase
ActiveInitiation
ConceptBuild
On HoldDeliver
CancelledClose Out

Now, I need to be able to have a button that will set the values condition as :

'State' = Concept select all values in 'Phase' ,

also if 'State'   = Active then select Initiation. These selection then apply to a field 'ProjectName'. 

The result would be all ProjectNames that fit either of the conditions.

Using the following if statement as an expression directly in the 'ProjectName' dimension field :

if(([Project Phase] <> 'Initiation' and [Project State] = 'Active') or ([Project State] = 'Concept'),ProjectName,Null())

produces a good list.  But I need to be able to set these values using a button as there is not a good method I see to use a bookmark.

Thanks in advance!!

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

So, you are basically looking for a way to select the ProjectName which meet the above two criteria?

dtate1959
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That is correct!  Obviously , I can't make those selections using filters to satisfy both conditions at the same time. So, was thinking an expression of variable activated by a Button might be the path to follow.

sunny_talwar

Try with this search string

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<[Project Phase] -= {'Initiation'}, [Project State] = {'Active'}>+<[Project State] = {'Concept'}>} '"' & ProjectName & '"', '|') & ')'

dtate1959
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Forgive my ignorance, not sure where this would go. I tried using the Search Your Data function and there where no matches.

sunny_talwar

Button action of select in field?

dtate1959
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm using the Sheet Navigation & Actions Extension. I've Selected None in the Navigation Action and in the Actions section selected Select Value in a Field used ProjectName as the field name and The pasted your code into the Value field.

Getting no response at all.

sunny_talwar

Sorry, I didn't realize that this was Qlik Sense. I am not sure how the extension works, may be someone more knowledgeable might be able to help you better.

Best,

Sunny