Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Function Issue?

Hi All,

I create one function in module. It work well when I use in load script. But the problem is when I use in Expression then I got null value. What wrong with this? Anyone know how to create function to use in Expression?

Regards,

Sokkorn

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I know you can use them in the load script, but can you use module functions in expressions?

I have never managed to get that working (OK I only tried once, without success).

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Sokkorn
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot use module functions in expression. What I am looking for is how can I use module function in expression?

Regards,

Sokkorn

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sokkom

What I am saying is that I don't think that is possible - but I may be wrong.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Sokkorn
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jonathan,

You are right. Now I decide to use module function in load script. But the performance too much poor (take 2 or 3 sec for fetch 1 record). Please take a look with attahced file and help me to modify the function to get the same result and better performance.

Appreciate for your help.

Regards,Sokkorn

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sokkorn

The problem is that the looping in the module code. Each call loops up to 20million times (average 10million). I don't know much about erlangB calcs, but I do not believe that the the script should loop so many times. I would check the erlang scripts on the internet and pay attention to your looping limits and test conditions.

The attached modification of your model shows how I tested this.

Regards

Jonathan