Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

Accumulate over 2 dimensions - Pivot works, chart incorrect

Hi all,

I'm trying to show the % of customers who buy a product when they buy their next product.  In my data I have First Product, Months until next product (SPD) and the number/% of customers.

I've read a lot of posts on using rangesum(above( and also Pareto techniques.  The pivot table below, works and shows the correct % for each product, but when I change to a chart it seems to accumulate the '%' for each product within the SPD so the lines all appear much closer than it should be.  any help much  appreciated!

Calculation that works in Pivot table:

RangeSum(Above(total( Sum([# of Individuals])/ sum(total <[First Product]>[# of Individuals])), 0, RowNo( TOTAL)))

Correct Pivot

pivot.JPG

Incorrect Chart

Chart.JPG

Thanks

Mike.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum([# of Individuals])/Sum(TOTAL <[First Product]> [# of Individuals]), 0, RowNo())), [First Product], (SPD, (NUMERIC)))

View solution in original post

10 Replies
mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Help please.....

rangam_s
Creator II
Creator II

Try This.

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<[First Product]={'CP-HOME'}>}[# of Individuals])/ sum({<[First Product]={'CP-HOME'}>}Total [# of Individuals]), 0, RowNo()))

sunny_talwar

Try this

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum([# of Individuals])/Sum(TOTAL <[First Product]> [# of Individuals]), 0, RowNo())), [First Product], (SPD, (NUMERIC)))

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for responding.  I put that in but unfortunately it did not accumulate across the SPD Rangdam.JPG

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny, thank you!!  it looks so close and I even might use it as it is.  I am expecting though that it should reach 100% , but the consideration is that not everyone has a SPD i.e. they do not buy a second product.  I couldn't quite reconcile the numbers I was getting back so wondered if you could see what is missing that is stopping it reach 100% in the set analysis? i.e. I want to include everyone regardless of SPD

Sunny.JPG

sunny_talwar

I don't see the whole pivot table, but does it reach the 100% in the pivot table?

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, does in the pivot table at the same points it does in the graphs

sunny_talwar

Would it be possible for you to share a qvf sample with us so that we can take a look into it?

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Don't forget !

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.