Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
big_dreams
Creator III
Creator III

use case of select alternative and select excluded in filter

Hi all,

Please help me to understand select alternative option in filter pane.

Where we can use it? How it help end user? what its advantage?

test.PNG

Regards,

6 Replies
big_dreams
Creator III
Creator III
Author

any one????

rangam_s
Creator II
Creator II

Select Alternative will select all deselected (only eligible to other filters) Items.

Select Excluded will select the list of Values which are not available (filtered-out) to select due to other filters.

big_dreams
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks,

Actually I want use case so that I can present it to end user as creative feature of qliksense.

Regards,

thi_pham
Creator III
Creator III

They are used when you want to eliminate some values of a dimension when doing analysis, remove outlier, remove some value which might cause data skewed. Such as: in stock trading, I have 1000 stocks belong to 3 markets, in the analyzed date, there are some stocks got a unusual trading, then I remove them when doing calculation by 2 steps:

1. Select those stocks which you want to excluded them out before doing calculation

2. Select alternative/ excluded -> all deselected values (or Not available if you use excluded) values will become selected.

Hope it help

rangam_s
Creator II
Creator II

Select Alternative:

Consider that, you want to select all the states excluding XX for calculations.

1. Select the State XX and Click on Select Alternative so it will select rest of the sates.

Select Excluded:

Consider that you need to Select All Countries excluding country 'AB' but need to include one State in that.

1. Select the country AB.

2. Goto State filter and click on select Exluded (so that it will select remaining country States).

3. Now, Add that one state which you want to include from the country AB.

If I am correct, it is to reduce our time in selecting and deselecting the previous selections.

balabhaskarqlik

This will give you clear idea that, identification of Select Alternative values, Select Excluded values.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Selections/associative-selection-m...