Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screen Resizer height % versus grid size , ability to scroll app beyond screen height

Hi,

I like the screen resizer extension for QlikSense, in particular, what I like is it lets the user scroll BEYOND the screen height.

I am aware that there is  "web route" you could go and deploy the apps to show up on a webpage, but just using the built in apps and pages I'd like to be able to "scroll" beyond the screen height.

Can you this be marked as a potential feature for future release of QlikSense? Perhaps a modified version of the "screen resizer" could be provided or vetted by QlikSense  to be provided as an "example" app.

Screen Resizer, seems to quickly let me change the view and stretch objects without changing the grid size. If I change grid size(even significantly) ..it just still forces everything into a small area instead of letting the user scroll and see more stuff.

Unlike changing the grid size, this actually lets you stretch the objects on the screen based on screen height % and scroll.

Touching the rows & heights of grid size can mess up your app , especially using this tool, but also can happen using the grid changer site  which changes grid for qliksense desktop apps(http://s3.amazonaws.com/demo-root/random/gridchanger/index.html )

This QlikSense screen resizer allows me to show a lot of things on a screen e.g. 16 KPIs+ a chart below and a chart to the right, and lets the user scroll. https://github.com/mhamano/Qlik-Sense-Screen-Resizer/issues

Unfortunately, this extension has documented issues in not working with QlikSense Server (3.2.3?).

It is possible to get a copy of QlikSense server on my local PC, as for testing extension purposes or is there cost regardless?

Thanks,

-Elton

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Seems, I've answered my own question... my "wish" that Qlik implement the native ability to scroll past the screen height, is finally implemented in June 2018 version...

upon further investigation I'd like to let people know..there may be forks of the screen resizer that actually work.

https://github.com/mhamano/Qlik-Sense-Screen-Resizer

==>a fork of qlik sense resizer patched to work on  QS3.2SR4

QlikSense june 2018 version has an "extend sheet" feature.

Extending the sheet area - Qlik Sense - YouTube

Native functionality for extend sheet and ability to scroll and see more stuff , without stretching stuff on the screen is a great feature!

Unfortunately, I believe my organization follows roughly a version (latest-1). Well the good news on that is it seems QlikSense releases an update very 2 months recently, and prior to that every 3 months, so won't be too long.

The Qlik Sense June 2018 Release has Arrived!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Seems, I've answered my own question... my "wish" that Qlik implement the native ability to scroll past the screen height, is finally implemented in June 2018 version...

upon further investigation I'd like to let people know..there may be forks of the screen resizer that actually work.

https://github.com/mhamano/Qlik-Sense-Screen-Resizer

==>a fork of qlik sense resizer patched to work on  QS3.2SR4

QlikSense june 2018 version has an "extend sheet" feature.

Extending the sheet area - Qlik Sense - YouTube

Native functionality for extend sheet and ability to scroll and see more stuff , without stretching stuff on the screen is a great feature!

Unfortunately, I believe my organization follows roughly a version (latest-1). Well the good news on that is it seems QlikSense releases an update very 2 months recently, and prior to that every 3 months, so won't be too long.

The Qlik Sense June 2018 Release has Arrived!

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Hi Elton,

Yes, this capability was introduced in the Qlik Sense June 2018 release.

Check this blog post I wrote about it.“Advanced Authoring” capabilities in Qlik Sense!