Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense: Cyclic Group in Straight Table

Hello All,

I have used Cyclic group in Straight table in QlikView. I want to build the similar chart in Qlik Sense. Can any one please tell me how to achieve it in Qlik Sense?

PFB the image for reference.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you can take a look at Cyclic Measures in Qliksense

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

drill down you can achieve.

go to master items left hand side pannel and select master dimension -- add dimensions -- on left top you can see  drill down

balabhaskarqlik

You can script like this to create Cyclic group in Qlik Sense:

ABC:

Load * Inline

[

Cyclic_Fields

ID

NAME

REGION

];

Create a dimension like:

=$(=if(GetSelectedCount(Cyclic_Fields)=0,'ID',Only(Cyclic_Fields))).

And check this link, for scripting perspective:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlik-sense-cycle-group/

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you can take a look at Cyclic Measures in Qliksense

I hope it helps.

OmarBenSalem

What I always do is:

Create an inline Table:

load * inline [

DimID, Cyclic Dimension

1, dim1

2, dim2

3, dim3

];

Now in ur sheet, put this newly created Cyclic Dimension field just above ur table.

In ur table, as a dimension, do as follow:

If( DimID=1, YourActualDim1,

If( DimID=2, YourActualDim2,

If( DimID=3, YourActualDim3 )))

Label it as follow: Cyclic Dimension

With that, if u select dim1 in your New Cyclic Dimension filter selection; u'll have in ur straight table :

YourActualDim1 shown with a label : dim1

(so try to name ur inline fields with accurate values)

Hope this was clear and helpful

pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot Bala, I will surely try it.

pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator
Author

I checked the link which lead me to few other links and that seem quite useful, as with Cyclic chart I need to toggle the chart with the use of Buttons as well. Quite easy peasy in QlikView but bit dramatic in Sense to achieve it. Still, thank you so much for quick help

pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Omar,

I will try the solution suggested, seems easier.

pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried and achieved it correctly but I have 2 cyclic dimension groups to be used in the same Chart. Attaching you the pic, can u help?

I developed 2 cyclic dimension Fields correctly in QlikSense by following the steps given and have achieved it but I am not able to use both the newly created Cyclic Dimension in 1 single Dimension.QVCyclic.PNG

QSCyclic.PNG

pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes I created this Sir but I need to use it in Dimension and not in Expression measure. Can you help ?

I tried and achieved it correctly but I have 2 cyclic dimension groups to be used in the same Chart. Attaching you the pic, can u help?

I developed 2 cyclic dimension Fields correctly in QlikSense by following the steps given and have achieved it but I am not able to use both the newly created Cyclic Dimension in 1 single Dimension.

I developed 2 cyclic dimension Fields correctly in QlikSense by following the steps given and have achieved it but I am not able to use both the newly created Cyclic Dimension in 1 single Dimension.

I need the same functionality that we used to have in QlikView Chart Dimension in QS Chart.

QV Screenshot:

QVCyclic.PNG

QS Screenshot:

QSCyclic.PNG