Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting the background color of a specific cell in table

Hi All,

I am new in Qlikview. I ran into the following.

I developed a Qlikview document that opens a list of computers from a database.

I want to ping the computernames and mark them as Present (green background) or Absent (red background), depending the result of the ping.

The routine for pinging works OK.

But I can't find a way to mark the cell red or green. I tried the doc's and API guide, but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I pull in the data to a table. I can get the text from the field for the computer name.

How do I set the background color for a cell from within a macro??

12 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Mario,

I think the main problem is to use string input fields in a table chart. This is not possible as far as I know, because you have to use inputsum / inputavg in a table chart. But you can use string input fields in a table box / list box, and that's what I did (and the table chart will be updated accordingly).

Then I added a Inputfield declaration in the script, I think that was missing, too.

The rest is mostly using your code (I changed a little bit the index calculations, but just playing around).

Have a look and see if this will fit your needs.

Stefan

P.S.

I think the input fields solution will be per user, i.e. each user has to call the macro to see the results. So if you have a lot of users, it might still be better to think about a periodically called Alive-Check, writing the results back somewhere and use a server reload to just update the alive values.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Did you solve this?

Not applicable
Author

No, not yet.

Due to holidays the project takes more time.