Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot table in NPrinting format ppt.

Hello, I am working on the NPrinting version November 2017. In a project in qlik sense we have a pivoting table and I need to send weekly reports through NPrinitng.

I have managed the option of exporting a dynamic image of the table, but when submitting the presentation the blank design of the table does not match the rest of the sheet

Is there a power point option to display the pivot table and edit the design other than through the photo?

15 Replies
rfredman
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

But if you try to make the "fit inside" image even smaller, it wont shrink the image, it will instead start cutting of parts of the image.

Nprinting tries to fit the image by resizing column, it doesnt shrink the image.

Is it not possible to actually shrink the image so that we can fit large tables on a page?

See attached file.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

• Fit Inside (default setting): Image height and width remain the same, or the height and width are reduced proportionally until both are smaller than the settings in the template. Image quality is not degraded.

Based on what I knwo we don't have bug on this.

Your picture seems related to:

• Fit Width: Image width remains the same, or changes to the width set in the template, whichever is smaller. Image height is adjusted proportionally.

From https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/ReportsDevelopment/Image-Dimension-Managemen...

You need to set Fit Inside in the Properties window of the specific image.

If this doesn't work send a support case with attached the source app and the template so we can investigate directly.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
rfredman
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Ok, will have our guys create a support case with you.

(I am using fit inside on the image, not fit width).

But please, try yourself to make your image much smaller, i bet it wont shrink...

/Rickard

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I tried and I shared the result here in a previous post. In my exaple Fit Inside is working as expected so I'm not able to reproduce the issue. This is the reason why I suggested to open a support case with the template and the source app attached. I hope that we will be able to reproduce the issue here.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
rfredman
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

It is that example that i'm referring to. If you look at your Fit Inside example you see that nprinting haven't shrunk the image, it has instead made the column widths smaller so that the table fits inside.

If you would have made the image even smaller, so that nprinting cant shrink the columns enough to fit, it would then cut off the columns that doesnt fit instead of shrinking the image.

The Fit Width example in your file doesn't work as expected either

• Fit Width: Image width remains the same, or changes to the width set in the template, whichever is smaller. Image height is adjusted proportionally.

It has just cut of all the year columns to fit width, instead of actually fitting the width by shrinking it.

I will create an example and sent it to your support, will update with the response here...

Just FYI, converting old qlikview nprinting reports to qliksense reports with the new web based nprinting havent been fun to put it mildly. It is a constant stream of irritating bugs and stuff that doesnt work. (for example, there is no option to abort a report preview from the template editor!...)

/Rickard

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can abort a report preview starting from June 2018. From its release notes:

Continue to update a template in Qlik NPrinting Designer when previewing

Report preview is now executed in a separate thread, so the user can continue to edit the report

template while report preview is generating. The new "Preview" group in the ribbon menu now has a

progress bar.

The new Abort button lets the user stop report preview generation. If preview generation takes more

than 2 hours, it will timeout.

After updating to latest version, if you still have issue, please open a different conversation for each issue, or send a support ticket. We will investigate if there are bugs or we will help you to reach your goals.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero