Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonbowers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rolling 3 Month calculation

I new to Qlik Sense and Coding.  I figured out the basis but I'm stuck on a rolling 3 month calculation.

I want to show on a line graph with Month as the dimension the average experience based on rolling 3 month period split by area.

The month dimension has been created with a master calendar

The various threads I've read keeping taking me back to functionality to do this in Qlik View, which I do not have access to. 

I can't share the raw data due to confidentiality. In my data is a column for the experience score, the date of experience and area of experience.

Looking through various threads I thought an As of Month calendar would help but none of the threads I reviewed so far explain how to create these in terms as a complete beginner I understand.

Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simonbowers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This worked:

Num(Rangesum(Above(sum({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience),0,3))

/

Rangesum(Above(Count({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience),0,3)))

Not sure why can't use an Avg but it works so I'm happy. Thank you to the people who replied.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
paola_valenti
Creator
Creator

Try to create your line graph with:

DIMENSION: MONTH, AREA

MEASURE:

=sum({<DATE={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(today(),-2))) <=$(=MonthEnd(today()))"}>}VALUE)

I hope I correctly understand your question.

narband2778
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Try this

LET vLast3FullMonths = 'MonthYear=,CalDate={">=' & num(floor(monthstart(today(),-3)))& '<= ' & num(floor(monthend(today(),-1)))& '"}';

Thanks,

Naresh

balabhaskarqlik

At least can you post, what are expressions you are using in chart?

Then, it's possible to give better idea on it.

simonbowers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the suggestions so far.

Bala Bhaskar - thank you for your reply. I'm seeking to learn what expression I should be using in the chart.

It's a combo chart that I'm using.

For test purposes I have worked out what the values should be using excel but I've been unable to match these on Qlik Sense.

I know if plotting month on month the expression is Avg({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience), this is then done for each area with the Activity referenced.

For my Master Calendar I used the guide produced by Joss Good.

simonbowers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This worked:

Num(Rangesum(Above(sum({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience),0,3))

/

Rangesum(Above(Count({<Area={'Activity1'}>}Experience),0,3)))

Not sure why can't use an Avg but it works so I'm happy. Thank you to the people who replied.