cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section access on multiple dimensions

Hi,

I need help implementing Section Access for dashboards that I have developed on QlikSense. QlikSense version is (Qlik Sense September 2017 – qliksenseserver:11.14.3)

These are sales dashboards for sales managers to access. We have three levels in the sales hierarchy – S1 (Regional manager) ,S2 (Zonal manager) and S3 (Area manager).

Areas belong to zones which belong to regions. I need to provide S1 staff full access to a region they manage, S2 for the zone they manage and so on and so forth.

My approach is to build a table with 5 columns for section access. (sample below). My load script can read this table daily and update the security access.

User/Admin

User ID

Region

Zone

Area

User

Dex01 (S1- Regional manager)

R1

User

Dex02 (S2 – Zonal manager)

R1

Z1, Z2

User

Dex03 (S3 – Area manager)

R1

Z1

A1, A2

My questions are listed below.

1. If I want to give user Dex01 access to entire region R1 (including all zones and areas within it), how should I configure this table?
  2. If I want to give user Dex02 access to two zones (Z1, Z2) in one region (R1), how should I configure this table?
1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

What you need is below link. check this out.

Basics for complex authorization

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!