Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhapanka
Creator
Creator

Adding columns to be populated in Qlik, then writing back to a csv

Hi,

I've been looking for a way for a user to add additional columns to a table I make in Qlik Sense that my user group can add values to. For example if my table has the fields: "name", "age" and "gender" which is populated with values, I want to have two more columns viz., "Height" and "weight" which are blank and I need my users to be able to populate these columns in Qlik and then write back to a csv.

Do you know of any functions within Qlik Sense that might help me accomplish this goal or could someone point me toward a relevant extension?

5 Replies
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

You cannot manually add data on the front end. Additionally, you cannot write back to the database. At least not by default as this is not the purpose of Qlik.

However, you can have a look at third party software that allows you to do this with Qlik Sense: https://www.klik-ins.com/

vizmind.eu
mhapanka
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Ivan!

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

No worries. If your question is answered, please mark it as such.

vizmind.eu
mhapanka
Creator
Creator
Author

Input field came close to this requirement however I work on qliksense which does not have input field.

Could you please suggest third party extensions that come close to this requirement that I can experiment with?