Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access Point Greyed out

Setting up an updated server on Windows Server 2016 and IIS.

I've got most everything worked out, but the Access Point is greyed out. It shows no documents and no link for IE.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
fhuettner
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I've got the same problem. Updated to QlikView Server November 2017 SR6 with IIS on Windows Server 2016. Access Point is now grayed out. No document entries are visible. The previous installation was nearly clean - contained 3 additional test documents beside the default documents the are available with the installation.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi Steve,

IIS requires some additional steps to be performed before it will show the AccessPoint landing page. Did you perform these steps as well?

They can be found here: Installing QlikView Server - QlikView (see chapter "Running Microsoft IIS") or in more detail here: QlikView Server Installation Step by Step‌ (for Win2K8 with IIS7 but for a sysadmin easy to translate to a newer release)

Pay especially attention to .NET, ASP.NET (Windows Installation) and the Application Pool (IIS Mgr)

fhuettner
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks for the document. In my case the following IIS modules were missing.

• WebServer (IIS) → WebServer → Security → Windows Authentication
  • WebServer (IIS) → WebServer → Security → Basic Authentication
  • WebServer (IIS) → WebServer → Application Development → ASP.NET 4.6
  • WebServer (IIS) → WebServer → Application Development → ISAPI Extensions
  • WebServer (IIS) → WebServer → Application Development → ISAPI Filters

After installing them, the Access Point was working again. I think the Authentication modules will do the trick.