cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

.net sdk how to get values of fields inside qlik sense app

Hi,

I want to access values of fields inside the qlik sense app. Right now, I am getting list of field names but, I also want to access values of the fields. I am using .net SDK. Please help! since I am new to c#, I don't know the advance coding in c#.

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot Øystein Kolsrud you saved my day. One more thing, basically what I want to achieve is if user is searching something like "sales by month" in my telegram bot, bot should be able to give user a graph, chart or atleast a text. Can you guide me some steps to achieve this task.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You should probably look into the concept of mashups for Qlik Sense. In particular you might want to have a look at this: Single configurator ‒ Qlik Sense Developers

The "Single configurator" makes it possible to get a URL that points to one single object. You will then need some browser component to show the visualization in you bot.

Or is the the search event you would like to hook into? And if so, do you really mean a search event, or do you mean that a selection has occurred?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot. I never come across this thing. Seems like a useful thing. I will have to do some more research on this.

Let me know where I can find more documentation on this.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You can find more information here: Mashups ‒ Qlik Sense Developers

And there is a subsection for the single integration here: Single integration ‒ Qlik Sense Developers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So far what I have understood is we get URL to a particular object and we can also directly show the visualization using Iframe. But to access these URLs is there any API in c# or what is the best alternative if not available in c#.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

There are a number of classes available for this. One option is this one:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.controls.webbrowser(v=vs.110).aspx

That is the class that is used in the preview pane of this tool:

Qlik Explorer for Developers is here!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How can I make an expression .net?

In a mashup I would do this:

app.createGenericObject({,

fields:

{

qStringExpression: "=$(vMashupMyVar)"

}

}, function(reply) {

console.log(reply.fields);

app.destroySessionObject(reply.qInfo.qId);

}

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

I think you might want to file a new question for this as it seems like a somewhat different topic from the original posted in this thread. But have you looked into this method? https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/April2018/apis/net+sdk/html/M_Qlik_Engine_IApp_Evaluate....