cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamza99a
Creator II
Creator II

add field to existing dimension

hello qlik community. I currently have a pivot table showing my three separate regions, Central Southern and Other. It shows the balances for each region and the account types for each region. What I would like to do is to add another dimension or measure called Total that would essentially sum all balances for each region and show me each account type's total balance. I understand there is a totals function, but I need it to display at the bottom. I also understand in the straight table it shows the totals on the bottom, however I also need partial totals for each region. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Is this what you want?

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

12 Replies
hamza99a
Creator II
Creator II
Author

sunny_talwar

May be share a sample and provide an Excel mock up for your expected output based on the sample provided

hamza99a
Creator II
Creator II
Author

stalwar.PNG

under south I want it to show

- Total                                                            3364797

Business                                                       sum(business)

Government Account                                    sum(Gov't Account etc.

Personal

Thank you! This screenshot is cutting out some of our numbers as this is sample data. But I hope you can understand what I am trying to do here.

Thanks for the reply!

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share the above qvf to show you how this can be done?

hamza99a
Creator II
Creator II
Author

unfortunately, it has sensitive data so I will have to see if I could create a sample data set. is there any way to simply add another field to region in the app overview?

sunny_talwar

All, I am looking for a mock up data... I don't care about the numbers... all I care is to see how the data is structured and how the chart is created

hamza99a
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This is some sample data. Thanks

sunny_talwar

Is this what you want?

Capture.PNG

hamza99a
Creator II
Creator II
Author