Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Check on non-existing fields in expressions, charts, ...

Is there a way to check the validity of a set analysis instruction on the correctness of fields ?

Suppose I have a field called salesrep_region in my QV application.

If you remove the field from your QV reload, you will quickly see that something is missing.

However, when the field is used in a set analysis expression, the results will still be calculated, omitting the set instruction on salesrep_region.

The document analyzer tells you which fields are used in which charts, expressions, ... but is there also a way to find out fields that have been defined in your charts, expressions, ... but don't exist in your file ? The reason for removing fields from your QV app is saving on memory, so it would be nice if there was a way to quickly find out whether used fields have not been removed. Suppose you rename a field in the scripting session. Wouldn't it be nice to quickly see that this expression and that chart contain a field that does not exist anymore ? Sure you can always check in advance, but you can always make a mistake during clean-up so better check twice (before+after) if possible.

Checking this manually is not really an option I guess.

0 Replies