Did you mean: 
akuttler
Creator
Creator

% increase from last month

Hello,

I have an expression for total payments :

(Sum({<Account={'2000','2001','2002','2003'}>}Trans))*-1

How would I create a measure for % increase in payments from previous month?

I want this to be rolling dates as I load new data every month. So I want...(total for last month-total for current month)/ Total for last month).

26 Replies
akuttler
Creator
Creator
Author

Previous month total still goes to zero when applying the filter

sunny_talwar

Filter is using the new field or the old expression? Make sure to use MonthYear to make selections

lfholland
Creator
Creator

Have you seen these?

It allows you to toggle between metrics.  Instead of a text object, you can use a chart table without dimensions so that it still displays a total.  And instead of filtering (causing it to go to zero), create two expressions - one for this month and one for the previous month and let your users toggle between the two.

To create the toggle, in the expressions, just drag and drop one expression over the other and it will group them together.

akuttler
Creator
Creator
Author

Using the new scripted field.

sunny_talwar

That is very strange... would you be able to share a sample where we can see this issue?

akuttler
Creator
Creator
Author

Nevermind!! I forgot to edit the expression with MonthYear on the denominator its working now. Thanks so much Sunny your amazing!

sunny_talwar

Nice, I am glad it finally worked... please close the thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Best,

Sunny