cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qliksense Issues - URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Hi All,

I am currently working on qlik sense enterprise edition latest version. I have 3 queries

1. Display multiple measures on the map tooltip.

Purpose :  To display multiple measures on the map tooltip along with its values. Default map in qlik sense allow us to add only one measure.

Example : When I hover on any point in the map, My tool tip should consists of following values :

Dimension : value

Measure1 : value

Measure2 : value

Measure3 : value

Workaround : Tried using SVG map extension, but couldn't see anything on the map after plotting the measures.

2. How to use a newline character in qlik sense.

Purpose : I have concatenated a string and want to use a newline character(line breaker) to display content on newline

Example : Expression : 'Cell Id:  '& network_kpi.cell_id &'  Site Id:  '& network_kpi.site_id  & '  Payload:  '& network_kpi.total_data_volume_gb

Text Displayed : Cell Id: 1234 Site Id: 123 Payload: 4.5

Expectation : 

Cell Id: 1234

Site Id: 123

Payload: 4.5

Workaround : Tried using \n, chr(13) and chr(10) but no success.

3. How to change the background color of the app or apply a customized theme to the app in qliksense.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. No idea,

2. What kind of object are you trying to display that text in? In a text object you should be able to place them on separate lines

3. Create a custom theme: Getting started creating custom themes - Qlik Sense - YouTube‌. You can use this site to quickly build a custom theme: https://sensetheme.com/

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion on point 3.

Regarding point 2, I am trying to display that text on a map tooltip. I have written the expression in the data load editor and created a field and trying to display that field on a map tooltip.

Expression : 'Cell Id:  '& network_kpi.cell_id &'  Site Id:  '& network_kpi.site_id  & '  Payload:  '& network_kpi.total_data_volume_gb

Basically I need to know how newline would work in a data load editor expression.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you need to add a newline in a string in the data load editor you use the chr function: chr(10). But that does not mean that the map object will render the newline in a tooltip text as a newline. It's possible the map object strips out such characters.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rangam_s
Creator II
Creator II

Add chr(13)  between the lines.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there any way so that I can use the newline character to work in the tooltip ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have created a custom theme on SenseTheme website and downloaded its zip. I have also successfully imported that zip file in the QMC Extensions tab.

But I am not able to see that theme in 'Custom Objects' tab.

How to apply that theme to my visualization ??

124rooski
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

'</br>' will do the trick so as long as it supports HTML. I have been using vizlib extensions. Not sure if this will apply to qlik's native objects