Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combining data sources. Issue with how tables link in each

I am trying to combine 2 databases but I am running into some issues. I have tried Concatenate Loading our old data base in with our new one. I renamed the fields I want to be listed together. My issue arises when I want to go into more detail.

Example:

Main database has Customer Table, and Order table. They are linked using a customer number,

Old database has Customer and order table. They are linked together using custcode(shortname). Customer number only exists in main database.

I am able to combine the 2 customer tables fine using the customer name. I can combine the order tables fine using the order date fields and order amount fields.

The issue is that I now want to link the customers in with their orders, but since each database connects to the orders differently I am getting the wrong results.

I need it to link the old database fields using custcode, and the main database using customer number.

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You are a genius. This works perfectly. I completely missed the fact that I could do the same thing with the link that I was doing with the Customer names.