Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buederbenjamin
Partner - Contributor III

Create Nprinting On demand button

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a text box which launch On demand report.( a sort of link to the on demand button like the screenshot bellow)

InkedCapture (2)_LI.jpg

Does any one have a idea how to make this?

Thanks a lot

11 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

On-Demand in Qlik NPrinting 17+ works different than in 16 versions. In 17+ you have the single On-Demand button in the toolbar and when you click it you see the list of all reports with the On-Demand option enabled. Select the report you want to generate and it will run. There are not any other kind of native buttons that can be placed on the QlikView document.

An alternative could be use the APIs to run the On-Demand reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

These documents are related to Qlik NPrinting 16 but the first screenshot of this conversation is related to a 17+ version that works in a completely different way.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
buederbenjamin
Author

Thank you Ruggero,

Yes I have the 17th version. And I want to  use the On demand APIs to do this.

Have you already tried to work around the native button with the On Demand APIs? Is there any documentation about this?

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Official documentation about APIs is here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/Extending/Intro-Extending.htm. The page is related to June 2018, if you are using a different version you need to select the corresponding page. I suggest to update to June 2018.

I never tried to create a button to run On-Demand for the access point so I cannot supply a specific solution for this. I know that there are APIs to run On-Demand and I tested the APIs on simple pieces of code.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
buederbenjamin
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer,

I have tried these APIs I have generate a report but I didn't success to retrieve the selections in my reports. If you have an example of requesting API, it will be great .

Thanks anyway.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There are some examples at the links:

- https://community.qlik.com/message/1440063

- NPrinting API script Example - Python

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
qlikuser222
Creator
Creator

hi rpcbuederbenjaminstalwar1

I have the similar requirement and unable to achieve it.

Can you please help me or any other workaround to create a button on Qlikview document which replaces on demand option on access point.

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The Qlik NPrinting On-Demand for 17+ creates only the button on the Access Point and it works only with QlikView connections.

At the moment (September 2018) any other different solution need to be developed by using APIs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero