Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why changes to apps are lost?

Hi!

I use Qlik Sense version 3.0.0. Changes made to apps, like editing variables, deleting variables, editing measures are occassionally lost. Sometimes it happens when the app is reloaded. Sometimes it is enough to reload the browser after a while (or a longer while). I am curious if somebody else experiences this and if there is something that can be identified as a cause for such a behaviour.

49 Replies
davequinn
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am not using Edge, but almost always have multiple browsers open when developing - sometimes on two different machines. I think this could well be the cause of the issue.

I have tried to get into the habit of closing tabs before Publishing, and have not experienced the problem recently.

All the best

Dave

QlikUpdate
Creator
Creator

Dave,

I believe that you are correct about having multiple tabs open. I have experienced this myself, and it seems to happen when I have multiple tabs tied to the same app iopen at the same time. I believe the system loses focus on which tab contains the latest changes.

Joe

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

+1 for QS June 2018 Firefox, same issue. Just lost 2,5h work

mhumphreys
Contributor II
Contributor II

I do notice that sometimes when I am in the Load Editor and a sheet within an app at the same time, and then make a change in the sheet that it does not automatically save.  I have found that if I make a change and then toggle over to the Data Load Editor that the save button is black indicating that I need to save the changes or else lose them even if I made no changes in the Data Load Editor.  Not sure if this could be occurring in your situations, but it is what I have found to happen in my case.  As long as I hit the save button I am golden otherwise I lose the changes I made in the sheet to a report.  Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's bonkers. Qlik should let you know that a conflict has been created, and both versions of the dashboard should be saved for review. That cannot be the accepted functionality, that you can unknowingly erase hours of work. I can't believe my whole afternoon of work has just been erased, because I had the load editor open on another tab.

iam_hari
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this issue yet?

Same for me, happened twice this week.

Version: Qlik Sense Enterprise June 2018
Browser : Chrome
Load Edtior: First time it was open during the session, second time Closed!

Over 3 hours of work lost on this one, a solution or at least advice would be greatly appreciated!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Haris - I informed products - hope to hear something soon.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

jpk

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
nsetty
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Just checking do you have "exit script" in any of the sections in load scripts?