Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart / Mountain Chart Combo

I need to create a line chart that has 2 measures, open and close issues. I need to color/shade the area between the measures. Is this chart possible to create in QV ? I am looking at using a mountain chart but I'm not able to achieve the desired color results as attached.

Any idea ?          

mountain line chart.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't know if this is what u are saying, but i think it works quite fine.

I need 4 expression.

C u,

Stefano.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

you should be able to change the chart type to filled lines in the stype tab then it is just a matter of changing the fill of the lower line to white, see attached example

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i don't know the complexity of your expression, but maybe this could be ok for you.

C u,

Stefano.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the response. If you notice in the example, there is a red line (open issues) and a green line (close issues). I'm able to accomplish the area shading between the lines by changing the first expression's background color to white, however, all is left is the red area (open issues). I no longer get the green line since i changed the bg color to white. The requirement is a red line, a green line and a different color to shade the area between the lines.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefano, Thank you for responding. Your example is the same as mine. I just can't get the look and feel of what is needed - a green line, a red line and the area shading between lines. I guess it is not at all possible then.

Not applicable
Author

I suppose that u don't want to use an other graph overlapped..

Not applicable
Author

You read my mind. Yes, i don't want to use a chart overlay. so it seems that it cannot be done using the regular line chart.

sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

You could add an expression prior to the one you want to be a line and make the color white for it. Now instead of 2 expressions, you would have 3. The value for the first expression would be what you originally had in the in the first expression minus some number. The number will depend on how thick you want the line to show. The second expression would now just be the number that you subtracted in the first expresion. The third expression would be what you originally had in your second expression.

Hopefully that make sense.

This would work for display purposes, and you would probably want to turn off pop-ups because the numbers would be wrong because of the new expression.

If I could figure out how to upload, I would attach an example.

Frank

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't know if this is what u are saying, but i think it works quite fine.

I need 4 expression.

C u,

Stefano.

sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

Yes. To get two distinct color lines with a different color band in the middle, you would need 4 expressions.

Frank