Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create selectable time period blocks in a QVW file?

I'm trying to provide few drill down options for the display of table objects (project entries) based on time. I'd like to let the users be able to look at projects based on Quarter (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4), Year (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) or Month (Jan - Dec). At the moment, they're able to drill down projects based on the creation date. But, I'd like these individual periods to be selectable on a given QlikView File. How do I implement something like this? Do I need to make modifications in the DB to implement this functionality? Is it possible to use the file based functions? I don't have any available fields for quarter, year, or month.

I've attached a picture to illustrate what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Those filters are listboxes with a different design (mostly without caption and unchecked "Only One Column" in the Presentation tab).

Those listboxes are populated from actual fields in your data model, that should be in your calendar table. More on how to create a calendar based on your fact table can be checked in this application.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica