Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Qlik Sense June 2018 still need to download GeoAnalytics Software ?

Hi All

I have already install June 2018 , now i want to learn GeoAnalytics , does it mean that i don't need to download Geoanalytics software ? Please see below screen shot , does the map icon appear mean i already install the map software ?

map feature.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That depends on what you mean by "learn GeoAnalytics". The map object in Qlik Sense June 2018 is a basic version of the GeoAnalytics map object. It does not have all the functionality (yet) of the GeoAnalytics Base map object. And GeoAnalytics Base and GeoAnalytics Enterprice also come with a GeoAnalytics Connector that can do a lot more manipulation of geo data that Qlik Sense can do when loading data into the Qlik Sense app.

The map icon in your screenshot is for the standard in Qlik Sense included map object. Nothing needs to be installed to use it.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That depends on what you mean by "learn GeoAnalytics". The map object in Qlik Sense June 2018 is a basic version of the GeoAnalytics map object. It does not have all the functionality (yet) of the GeoAnalytics Base map object. And GeoAnalytics Base and GeoAnalytics Enterprice also come with a GeoAnalytics Connector that can do a lot more manipulation of geo data that Qlik Sense can do when loading data into the Qlik Sense app.

The map icon in your screenshot is for the standard in Qlik Sense included map object. Nothing needs to be installed to use it.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand