Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change Background Color of Gauge Chart When Selected?

Is it possible to have the background color of a gauge chart (the area between the outside of the round gauge and the edge of the object frame) change when the gauge object is selected?  I've been looking everywhere but can't find any discussion of this.

Thanks,

3 Replies
hdonald
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Since the Gauge chart has an Actions tab you could maybe treat it like a button and add a variable flag that's set on/off by selecting the gauge.

The background colour, on the Colour Tab, could then be calculated using that flag..like the attached.

Is that the effect you're after ?,

Regards,

HD

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sam,

This is possible. I am attaching the example for your reference.

hdonald is right, we need to use Variable and Trigger. I have changed the trigger events and used the same variables. Here are the steps on how to get this effect.

1. Press Alt + Ctrl + S (Sheet Properties) then Select the Triggers and Select the ObjectID (CH03) in our example

2. Use the OnActivate event and use the Set Variable action. We use have vG1 and Value as =if(vG1=1, 0, 1)

3. Now we will use OnDeActtivate event and use the Set Variable action. We use the same variable with different Expression Value as =if(vG1=0, 1, 0)

I hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sam,

Good morning.

Have you got chance to look at this one?

Many thanks,

DV