Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing Fields - Dimension

New to Qlik sense.. Trying to setup a demo for manager by using some of my data.

Done a few apps before so kind of scratching my head if this is newbie error (hoping so because that means easy to fix) or something deeper.

Task:

Two spreadsheets

Foo.xls

Product No.Order QtyCalendar Year
8284-22A-000012017
8284-22A-577112017

The last five digets are junk so I have to strip them... no problem

Select table -> edit:  Select "Product No." column  "split" -> Set to split it after second hyphen

Name new table and see nice new data

QlikSenseFieldplit_MachineModel.png

oooh..  ah..

Now I have master spreadsheet I made of for key / legends.

Three tabs.. listing the grouping of different brands by "Machine-Model"

Imported tables and they look peachy..  link using "machine-model" as link

QlikSense_link_MachineModel.png

Now try to make a simple pie chart with dimension "machine-model"

Drop in pie chart.. click on dimension..  this will need to be a construct of single dimension of "Machine-Model" from split field, but alternative selections of the other three categories.

But as you see... I get weird data.  I don't see new "split field" at all called "Machine-Model"  but I also don't see fields from the other spreadsheets..

QlikSense_MachineModel_FieldsMissingDimention.png

Hoping someone knows quick way to get things working "normal" never had this issue where fields I see in the data manager do not show when going to make charts.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok... I figured this out.. so figured I would answer my own question.

Error = PEBKAC

When I linked the tables... it "merges them".   So they only show in the selection of dimention as one table.

To keep them independent as selectable fields... I can't link them.  Leave them as independent lists.