Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Is it possible to change the size of thumbnail in accessPoint?

I'm working on a customization of accessPoint(v11), and I was wondering if there is a way to change the image size of the thumbnail returned by QVS.  I know how to simply change the height and width of the image using HTML or CSS, but I mean the size of the actual image itself that is being called from QVS.  I'm not aware of any settings that can be changed for this.  Can this be done in the AJAX post with certain parameters?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

FYI, it is possible to do this by adding some parameters to the URL which brings back the image.  So in the img tag, there's a long URL like this:

/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?datamode=binary&name=<< app Name >>&stamp=86c8af2eb84035ac1b90fbda05618597&kind=AccessPoint

To set the height and width of the thumbnail being returned, simply add &height=<<some value>> and/or width=<<some value>>.

So, in the code for accessPoint (js/accessPoint.js) look for the imgSrc variable and add the parameters there.  Also the otherImgSet variable needs to be changed to the new width also.

BUT!!!!!

All that to say, none of this really helps anyway because the size of the thumbnail in the qvw is the default 192 X 108.  So even with the server doing the scaling it's still going to look terrible and stretched at any size larger than that.  Maybe in 12 we can get this fixed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

FYI, it is possible to do this by adding some parameters to the URL which brings back the image.  So in the img tag, there's a long URL like this:

/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?datamode=binary&name=<< app Name >>&stamp=86c8af2eb84035ac1b90fbda05618597&kind=AccessPoint

To set the height and width of the thumbnail being returned, simply add &height=<<some value>> and/or width=<<some value>>.

So, in the code for accessPoint (js/accessPoint.js) look for the imgSrc variable and add the parameters there.  Also the otherImgSet variable needs to be changed to the new width also.

BUT!!!!!

All that to say, none of this really helps anyway because the size of the thumbnail in the qvw is the default 192 X 108.  So even with the server doing the scaling it's still going to look terrible and stretched at any size larger than that.  Maybe in 12 we can get this fixed.