Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SQL DBNETLIB ConnectionRead Error

Hi,

I keep on getting this error recently while doing a full reload.

This error was first encounter when i migrate my SQL 2005 database from 32bit to 64 bit while my qlikview enterprise is still running on QlikView 8.2 32bit version.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Say Chao

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I had found this thread in the SQLServerCentral, and the person talks about disabling Norton Antivirus.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic258457-149-1.aspx

I tried disabling norton antivirus and Window firewall both on the Database server and the Qlikview Enterprise machine, and the error had not take place since then. (Not confirmed whether the disabling solve the issue, but i suppose it might be the case)

However, i feel quite uneasy when norton antivirus was diabled, lots of other threats can take place. Does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Say Chao

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make sure that your ODBC driver is the same (32 or 64) as QlikView on the same machine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

For my QlikView Enterprise machine, i am using windowXP (32 bit), so the ODBC driver is also 32bit.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Regards,

Say Chao

Not applicable
Author

I had found this thread in the SQLServerCentral, and the person talks about disabling Norton Antivirus.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic258457-149-1.aspx

I tried disabling norton antivirus and Window firewall both on the Database server and the Qlikview Enterprise machine, and the error had not take place since then. (Not confirmed whether the disabling solve the issue, but i suppose it might be the case)

However, i feel quite uneasy when norton antivirus was diabled, lots of other threats can take place. Does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Say Chao