Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Silverlight Button is not showing up

Hi,

I just testing Silverlight hello world apps. I tried by creating a simple button action. I embedded the button in the partial html as object inside a div tag.

I adjusted the div tag height and width and tried few other things, but I cannot see the button inside my extension object. But when I am right cliking the extension object I can able to see the silverlight pop up.

Any Ideas where it went wrong!

14 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Could you please post the code?

Not applicable
Author

Please find the attached .qar file which contains my extension. In that folder I placed a sample html which shows in browser fine. But the same code is set as innerHtml element which is not showing up.

Not applicable
Author

I am vey naive to the extension and so tried with direct innerHtml tag! Pls correct me inneed.

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Hi Madhan,

I clicked on the QAR, opened up a document, pulled the extension onto the sheet and it showed up fine.  Here's a screenshot, with some added text to prove it

community.png

So, are you sure the extension is installed in the proper directory?  Usually this is C:\Users\<<your name>>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects\

What version of QV are you using?

Not applicable
Author

It is showing up the box in my QV but not the button.

I attached a sample.html file in the extension dir. when it is loaded in the IE or browser I can see a button. But when I tried the same code via Extension means I cant see the button except the Silverlight object inside the rectangle. Pls find the attached screen shots.

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

I can get it to show up everywhere using the same code you attached so I'm wondering:

Are you sure the extension is installed in the proper directory?  Usually this is C:\Users\<<your name>>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects\

What version of QV are you using?

Does that html file work in Internet Explorer and not just Firefox?

Not applicable
Author

I am using Windows XP so the path is relative to documents and settings\username\...

Myself installed the same .qar file and opened the qlikview and added the extension.It is showing just a black outlined div tag, inside the silverlight control is there. I cannot see the button there.

I am using Version 10.00.9061.7 SR3

In both IE and firefox it is showing correctly. In IE it is showing usual ActiveX warning and allowing it, works. But not inside the Qvw file. .

Not applicable
Author

Even Just tried in 11 Beta, it is not working

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

That's really weird.  Are you running Internet Explorer 6?