cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Server GeoAnalytics "could not communicate with the license server"

Hi,

i have issues during installation of the GeoAnalytics Connector, both are the latest versions and i followed the instructions as well.

the log of the "Licence Activation Tool" says:

Could not communicate with the license server. Probably due to not having an internet connection. If you are sure that the serial is correct you can proceed any way.

Updated license for GeoAnalytics Map usage

Updated GeoAnalytics connector Licences for Qlik Sense.

Updated GeoAnalytics connector Licences for QlikView.

could someone please help? whats gone wrong?

thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Patric,

thanks for answering, we found the Issue, the License Key does not work well.

In this case it seems, that "Could not communicate with the license server."  means "WRONG Key" 

Now everything is working well, thank you for helping and sorry for the circumstances.

Thanks Stefan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

QGA Base (Extensions and the connector connected to maps.qlikcloud.com) requires internet access.

Unless you run an own QGA Server, which can run without internet, then the warning message can be ignored.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Patric,

thanks for answering, a internet access is existing.

what can i test next?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Pls make sure to restart the Qlik Server after installation of the connector.

If it is a multinode installation, pls install QGA on all nodes.

If a web proxy is involved, please see Proxy settings tips for the Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector

Does the connector show in the list "Make a new connection"?

Can the connector connect?

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Patric,

the Connector is shown in the Connections list, and when I Test it, its "OK" but when i load the Script the Error "key not found" occurs.

btw. today I thought it would work, because the Script runs through and in the visualisation the GA Heatmap works fine! 5 mins later it stopped working and the error "Invalid Key" occurs.

in the appendix a screenshot from the Licence Activation Tool and Connectorerror13-09-2018 09-27-59.jpg

13-09-2018 10-10-30.jpg

Thanks.

Stefan

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, that is strange. The connector (like all Sense connectors) connects from the Sense server to the map server. The map extensions connects directly from the client browser to the map server. So for the connector it's essential that the server  that runs Sense can reach https://ga.qlikcloud.com

It would great if I could take a peek at your server, feel free connect on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/patricnordstrom/

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Patric,

thanks for answering, we found the Issue, the License Key does not work well.

In this case it seems, that "Could not communicate with the license server."  means "WRONG Key" 

Now everything is working well, thank you for helping and sorry for the circumstances.

Thanks Stefan