Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Macro not working in access point

Hi All,

I have written the following macro.

Sub Info ()

msgText = "As communicated file is deleted."

Msgbox "Hello " & msgText

End Sub

This is working fine in server. But when i try to do in access point it is not working.

Note: testing in IE plugin and checked VB script and checked System Access and Allow system access. Using version 12.20 Sr1

Can you please tell me what i need to do..

Thanks,

Bharat

8 Replies
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. i have done all the steps but still it is not working..

Any suggestions..

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you.. But still i am facing this issue. Any suggestions why this might be happening .. And how to resolve..

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

How is the macro triggered? Clicking on a button, activating a sheet, automatically?

MsgBox is a VB function which will not work with any browser which is not Internet Explorer. Make sure the QlikView server where the application resides is included in the trusted zones in the Internet Options and that the trusted zones permissions allow the execution of code.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Miguel,

Macro is triggered via document properties - on open trigger--external-- run macro.

So, now will the MsgBOX will not work in IE or any other browser.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

OnOpen will work. We have triggers working OK OnOpen, but they are using actions, not macros.

Instead of using the AccessPoint, open the document with QlikView Desktop > File > Open in Server and see if that makes any difference.

Next, using IE, install the QlikView Plugin for the version of QlikView Server you have installed, and try opening the document with it.

Next, add manually the site to the Trusted Sites list and try again.

If you already tried and it didn't work, I'd check with Qlik Support sending them a sample app so they can reproduce the same behavior you see.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much for your reply.. Will check all necessary things.