Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QMC Expand / Collapse Stopped Working

Hi Community,

In the QMC Status tab for tasks there is functionality on the folders and tasks to 'expand' or 'collapse' all folders / tasks. After upgrading to QV 12 that functionality no longer works. When we right-click to bring up the menu both 'expand all' and 'collapse all' display but nothing happens when you click on them. Has anyone else seen this behavior? And a have a fix? This occurs in both IE and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance.

24 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

For those who have access to the Qlik Support Portal, see https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000047407

For those who don't, that article says that it was acknowledged a bug related to mounted folders and a fix was issued with the release of QlikView November 2017 (12.20) but does not specify service release.

I have found that if you create a new folder in the QMC, or remove an existing one, the trees expand and collapse just fine for some time.

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Miguel. I understand the fix as either changing the folder name to all caps or applying the latest fix. I plan on trying both of these and your suggestion of creating a new folder.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

We have to play with the folder since upgrading is not an option right now. I will appreciate if you do and can share your results.

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I can confirm that the Nov 2017 update SR6 resolves the issue. The build / patch # is 122020700.

I could not get the folder trick to work. I added a new folder on the QVS but it didn't appear to have any impact since it doesn't really get added to the Status / Tasks view. That is defined by the task category. Changing the task category to all caps didn't work either. If there are specific steps to take I can try to walk through them and see if that resolves the issue.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Thanks, but that's OK knowing that the latest version fixes the issue. Now it's time to find a slot to upgrade all servers.