Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandiarajan
Creator
Creator

Section Access Issue

Dear All,

i have applied section access based on Branch code , in my section access file i have mentioned userid and relevant branch code then admin i have used * symbol . as per the requirement we didt allocate few of the Branch code in Section access file .

Now problem is admin can able to see only allocated branch code in section action access . do i need allocate all branch codes are in section access file or * symbol is enough

Thanks & regards,

Pandiarajan.R

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If all possible values for Branch are not already present in the section access table, you must list them individually for one ADMIN user.

After the section access field Branch has all possible values listed (not the one in the data model), then you can use "*".

In section access, "*" does not mean all values in the data model, but all values in the section access table.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If all possible values for Branch are not already present in the section access table, you must list them individually for one ADMIN user.

After the section access field Branch has all possible values listed (not the one in the data model), then you can use "*".

In section access, "*" does not mean all values in the data model, but all values in the section access table.

pandiarajan
Creator
Creator
Author

thank you for your quick response  i will try ur suggestion

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You can take a look at this example for the same issue:

https://community.qlik.com/thread/291933#1438107

pandiarajan
Creator
Creator
Author