Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connection to .accdb file not reloading from Management console

I've been having this problem for quite some time now.

My reload attempts from the Qlikview Management Console to an .accdb database fails. I created a system odbc for .mdb and .accdb microsoft access files.When building the script, I have the "Force 32 bit" ticked on. The connection example: ODBC CONNECT32 TO [testdb ;DBQ=B:\directory\testdb.accdb];

If i reload from my machine, it works, but not from the management console.

Any ideas or recommendations?

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

have you insert section access?

In this case you have to insert credential in management console.

C u,

Stefano.

Not applicable
Author

no i don't have any section access, i actually tested it by just adding the connection fist, for example: ODBC CONNECT 32 TO [testdb;DBQ=B:\directory\testdb.accdb];

it does'nt like the connection or something.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Lambert,

Does that path "B:\directory\testdb.accdb" exist in the Server? If not, you will need to use a UNC path pointing to the shared folder where the testdb.accdb is (something like \\server\sharedresource\file ) Does the folder and the file have modify permissions for the user the QlikView services are running under?

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Lambert,

Apart from what I mention below, is the QlikView Server version 10? In version 9 the connection strings are different, so if you are developing using QlikView Desktop 10, but your Server is version 9 you will need to change the  connection string. You will need to create the ODBC in the server as well.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

some log message from the managemet could be useful.

C u,

Stefano.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

The path B:\ does exist and does have full permission to the directory where the db is. I use qlikview version 10 on desktop and our server is also 10.

Does it not maybe have something to do with the fact that the qlikview server is 64 bit and the server where the access db resides is 32 bit?

Lambert.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

The path B:\ does exist and does have full permission to the directory where the db is. I use qlikview version 10 on desktop and our server is also 10.

Does it not maybe have something to do with the fact that the qlikview server is 64 bit and the server where the access db resides is 32 bit?

Lambert.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Lambert,

In version 10, as opposed to previous versions, you don't need to install the 32 bit version of QlikView Desktop or Server depeding on the architecture of your driver, and that's why you can force it to be 32 bit or 64 bit. What may be happening is that you don't have Office drivers in your Server (you can download the package here), so the ODBC cannot be created. As far as I know, there are no 64 bit Access drivers in version 2007, but there are for version 2010 here. Is that possible?

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I'm going to try some things and let you know.

Regards,

Lambert.