Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional row display in straight table

I am very new, so this is probably an easy thing that I just can't do as a beginner.

I have a straight table that is counting degrees for a given student.

I only want to display the rows where degree-count is greater than 1.

I tried the following 'if', but it does not omit the counts that = 1.

Any ideas on how to apply a condition to this expression?

if(count([Degree Counter] > 1),count([Degree Counter]), null())

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You can do this without aggr, which will be much lighter in terms of memory and CPU consumption: sum({<Name={"=sum([Degree Counter])>1"}>}[Degree Counter])

Note that this assumes that "Degree Counter" is a flag that can be summed, and is joined correctly to the rest of your data model. If you post a reduced example app, I can check it for you in case this produces unexpected results.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try this sum(if(aggr(count([Degree Counter],student)>1,count([Degree Counter]))

Regards,

Kiran.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I modified your suggestion by replacing <student> with <Name> assuming that was to be the unique 'group by' field.

I had to add two end-parenthesis and I was not clear on where to add them.  Now I do not get any rows in my table.

Do you see any issue with what I've done?

sum(if(aggr(count([Degree Counter]),Name) >1,count([Degree Counter])))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I modified your suggestion by replacing <student> with <Name> assuming that was to be the unique 'group by' field.

I had to add two end-parenthesis and I was not clear on where to add them.  Now I do not get any rows in my table.

Do you see any issue with what I've done?

sum(if(aggr(count( [Degree Counter] ),Name) >1,count( [Degree Counter] )))

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You can do this without aggr, which will be much lighter in terms of memory and CPU consumption: sum({<Name={"=sum([Degree Counter])>1"}>}[Degree Counter])

Note that this assumes that "Degree Counter" is a flag that can be summed, and is joined correctly to the rest of your data model. If you post a reduced example app, I can check it for you in case this produces unexpected results.

Regards,

Vlad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so very much!