Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Still Receiving Notify Email After Removing User's Name

In QV v10 SR3, I added my name to be notified when a document finished reloading.  However, I have since removed my name but am still receiving an email when the document reload has finished.

Is there a way I can refresh this setting?  Has anyone else come accross this problem before?

Thanks for any info on this.

-Scott

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Scott,

That's a strange problem. It sounds like the XML files didn't get updated. I suggest you take a look at this file: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\AlertEmail.xml. If your name appears there, just delete that record. Please note that you will probably have to stop the QV services and delete the .BAK file first, or else your changes will not be respected.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, this is for the Notification Emails for specific documents to notify users when a document has been updated and is ready for AccessPoint.  I believe this AlertEmail.xml is for being alerted when a task fails on Publisher.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yes, you're right, sorry I misunderstood. Just to make sure we're on the same page, you set this under Source Documents \ Distribute \ Notify? And you're no longer in the distribution list?

Not applicable
Author

Correct, I am no longer on the list to be distributed to.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

OK, this is a bit complicated:

1. Stop the Distribution and Management services
  2. Open the most recent workorder from the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Workorders
  3. Find your task in this XML file. You can just do a search for your task name, which will be the same as you see in QEMC
  4. Find the Distribution Task ID associated with this task. It will be a tag in the task name starting with <DistributeTask ID="
  5. Close the workorder file and open C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\DistributionDetail.xml
  6. Search the file for the same DistributionTask ID you found before. A record will exist for each recipient. Find the record that corresponds to your username, and delete the entire row. Save and close the file.
  7. Delete the file DistributionDetail.bak
  8. Start the Distribution and Management services

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

This is helpful, but my name was not attached to the xml file for this specific task.  My name actually showed up in 1 place and I removed it through QEMC task management and refreshed the xml to see that my name was successfully removed.

Oh well, not a big deal I guess.