Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

how to select values from a field using other field

Hi All,

I am having 3 fields named as OP_VERNUM, PRD_OP_VERNUM and YIELD VERSION as shown in fig..

untitled.bmp

I want to make selections in OP_VERNUM fiels whenever i select values from YIELD VERSION field.. such as

if i select "show first pass data" then 1 should be selected from OP_VERNUM and PRD_OP_VERNUM FIELDS

if "show second pass data" is selected then 2 should be selected from OP_VERNUM and PRD_OP_VERNUM FIELDS

if "show third pass" is selected then 3 should be selected from OP_VERNUM and PRD_OP_VERNUM FIELDS

and if " show all" is selected then all values all values from OP_VERNUM and PRD_OP_VERNUM FIELDS should be selected

Please help me to solve this problem.. i am using qlikview 10. Yield version field have no link with other tables it is loaded using load inline

Thanks

sushil kumar

7 Replies
martinpedersen
Creator
Creator

Depending of which Qlikview version you have, you could use triggers? Go to sheet properties -> Triggers -> Select listbox in "sheet object event triggers" -> press add actions -> define the actions.

I think you must have QV 9 and above to use triggers?

martinpedersen
Creator
Creator

I see you use QV10 - then you can use triggers

sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Martin,

According to your solution, the selections can be made to active or deactive objects...

I want triggers of field data... like trigger when "show first pass data" is selected

Thanks

martinpedersen
Creator
Creator

You will need to add actions to both OnActivate and OnDeactivate - it is the action that will be performed when you select and item in the list box. So you will have to add an action to when you select and item and to when you deselect and item.

You can use the action "Select in Field" where the field is OP_VERNUM etc. And the expression should evaluate the selection in OP_VERNUM based on you selection in Yield Version?

Its not the most pretty solution but it will do the trick

llauses243
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

There are 2 cases, then 2 solutions

1.-  A field (to select) with other relationed (to change as possible), in general different values

2.-  2 fields unrelationed, in general with equal values, here i use button & variable

Adjust both solutions in images

Good luck, Luis

murozel76
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Martin,

I use v11 and I can not see anything like "sheet object event triggers" when I go to "sheet properties-->triggers".

Please find attached my screenshot where there is only "sheet event triggers" frame. Do you thing there is something wrong with my set up,

or am I missing something?

I will be very pleased if you can help me on this.

Regards,

martinpedersen
Creator
Creator

Try select the list box preference instead the sheet preference.