Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

SvgReader mapping extension now stored on GitHub

Hi everyone,

Several different incarnations of my svgReader extension exist out there on community, hidden on QlikMarket, etc. and it's difficult making updates and pointing people to the most recent version.  Also, I plan on making some major enhancements to it soon, and I want to make sure people know where to go to get the latest and greatest version.

So, I've decided to start hosting the extension on GitHub:

https://github.com/brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11

I'll be making all bug fixes and enhancements within this repository so please download the extension from here from now on.

Also, I greatly encourage you to add your own SVG maps to the repository so we can all benefit from the maps people have been making.

Thanks!

75 Replies
PawelB
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

My QS Server has been updated to version September 2018 and svgReader plugin stopped working. The visualization placed on scheet says: "The visualization was not found on the server. This extension is not available: svgReader".

Well it is available, I deleted it and uploaded again to be sure that everything is fine.

The extension works in QS Desktop September 2018, but not on the server.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong or how to fix it?

Thanks.

[UPDATE]:

After upgrading Qlik Sense to September 2018, the folder "themes" was missing from C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client

I've copied this folder from desktop version to the server and svgReader works again!

luke1986
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Pawel,

I have the exact same problem and i can confirm, that the Desktop Version doesnt seem to be affected. Unfortunatly i cant find the folder "themes" in my Desktop Installation. Can you tell me the excat Folder path and the File names of content of that folder?

Thanks Lukas

PawelB
Contributor II
Contributor II

"themes" folder path for QS Desktop:

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client

File and folder list:

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\default-themes.json

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\themes.spec.js

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\bleak

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\card

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\highvis

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\prototype

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\sense

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\bleak\theme.json

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\bleak\theme.less

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\card\card.less

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\card\theme.json

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\card\theme.less

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\highvis\named-colors.less

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\highvis\theme.json

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\highvis\theme.less

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\prototype\theme.json

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\prototype\theme.less

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\sense\theme.json

C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\sense\theme.less

misterpetz
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Brian,

I have been using your great extension for a while (thanks for sharing ), but after installing the newest version of Qlik Sense Desktop, the extension no longer works. I get the error message "The visualization was not found on the server. This extension is not available: svgReader".

I can see that Pawel Baranski reported the same problem (on QS server though) a month ago. He later posted, that he fixed the issue by adding a theme folder from an older version of QS. But I guess this is not a long term solution.

Do you have another work-around? I have installed an older version of QS (June release), which have fixed my problem for now.

Best regards,

Morten

juan_goncalves
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello Morten, I have the same problem, did you solved it? I tried the later versions of june18 but it shows me the same error
piyush113
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Brian,

Thank you for sharing your post. It is very helpful. 

I would like to ask you that I am looking for Florida state with counties and Puerto Rico with counties SVG

map and tried a lot to implement but did not find a good one.

So any suggestions from you?

Thank you!