Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input Comments in a pivot table

Hi, is it possible to include input field so that user can enter comments in the last column or any other portion of the pivot table?

Please see sample velow:

DOCNOCUSTNOQTYRemarks
DOC01NO0110
DOC02NO0220
DOC03NO0330
DOC04NO0440

DOCNO, CUSTNO, QTY are fields from database.

Remarks shall be serve as input for user so that they can put in text they like and will be link to the table via the DOCNO.

Hope you can help me on this, you may also see the attached file.

Thank you.

Marson

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi. This is a solution where the input field is editable in the table box, and then displayed in the pivot.

Don't think it is possible to have input fields editable in a chart/pivot.

Regards
Robert

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Use InputField Command.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert,

your answer is very helpful, however considering there will be thousands of lines the user has to select the document so that the comment will not be lost.

What about auto scrolling the comments table simoltaneously when i scroll on the pivot table is it possibe? say placing the comment table next to the pivot table. just a thought.

thanks again. marson

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert,

your answer is very helpful, however considering there will be thousands of lines the user has to select the document so that the comment will not be lost.

What about auto scrolling the comments table simoltaneously when i scroll on the pivot table is it possibe? say placing the comment table next to the pivot table. just a thought.

thanks again. marson

please see attached editted QVW

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

THere is no trigger for scrolling in a pivot or table. So the two objects can not be syncronized in that way.

However, a vertically placed slider object can control the dimensions, and  by doing this you might get a deasent result.

See attached.

Regards,

Robert