Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

how to reduce the size of qvw file to deploy on the server???

Hi All,

I have created an application on my laptop...

Firstly i copied the qvd data files from the server and created the application for say 3 months of data on my laptop...

size of my application is 300MB which is very large to copy on the server.. so i need to reduce the size  of my application..

One method i used is .... i run the application for a limited load lines using debuger, but when i did this.. i dont know what happened to my application there are cross sign on  every field... please see the attached screenshot...

untitled.JPG

Please help me out to solve this problem... how i can limit my final developed application to deploy on the server.

Thanks

sushil Kumar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Sushil,

If you would like to reduce the data in your application, simply for copying it over to the server, then you could probably remove all possible values from it by clicking on File, Reduce Data and then on "Remove All Values" in qlikiew developer.

This will remove all of the data from the model and will dramatically reduce the size of you application. You can then copy it over to the server and once deployed, you could just reload the application with the data on the server.

Alternatively you could also click on "Keep Possible values", as this will only keep the data that you have selected in your application .i.e a specific date etc.

Hope it helps,

Regards GJ.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Sushil,

If you would like to reduce the data in your application, simply for copying it over to the server, then you could probably remove all possible values from it by clicking on File, Reduce Data and then on "Remove All Values" in qlikiew developer.

This will remove all of the data from the model and will dramatically reduce the size of you application. You can then copy it over to the server and once deployed, you could just reload the application with the data on the server.

Alternatively you could also click on "Keep Possible values", as this will only keep the data that you have selected in your application .i.e a specific date etc.

Hope it helps,

Regards GJ.

sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks GJ,

This is the perfect solution...

do u have any idea that why these cross are coming on the fields....as shown in above screen shot attached

Anonymous
Not applicable

sometimes have those crosses too ... I think this has something to do with memory of the application.

Not applicable

Hi Sushil,

Glad that I could be of Assistance.

To be honest I am not entirely sure why the crosses appear, however I also suspect that it might have something to do with the application's memory.