Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

straight table output

Hi, I've imported data from excel, now i want to display selected fields in qlikview for records meeting certain criteria.  What sheet object should i choose?

Example: this is a tables with all sales orders, But i'd like to select the parts number and qty for anything with order date greated than today's date (rolling). 

Thanks!

- Lisa

8 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

You have to use some thing lilke

Dimension:- orderdate

1. Expression

If( orderdate > Date(Today( ), 'MM/DD/YYYY' ), partsnumber )

2. Expression

If( orderdate > Date(Today( ), 'MM/DD/YYYY' )  , qty)

instraight table you can use some thing like this

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

I actually have like 10 fields i need to show, is this the only way?

Also, some fields got collapsed together showing "-" if there are multiple value for the same orderdate

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Yes but there is another way also but best is this

And for this "-" use Suppress When Value Is Null option selected for orderdate and if there are multiple values so use Distinct key word to remove them in condition like

Count(Distinct If( orderdate > Date(Today( ), 'MM/DD/YYYY' ), partsnumber ) )

Sum(Distinct If( orderdate > Date(Today( ), 'MM/DD/YYYY' )  , qty) )

Rgds

Anand

its_anandrjs

Hi Lisa,

Hope you got correct answer from this if so let me know or mark this post as correct or help ful so other can see it.

Rgds

Anand

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Lisa

You could also create a straight table (not table box), and add all the fields except the value and quantity as dimensions, then use Sum(Value), Sum(Quantity) and Count(Quantity) as the expressions. Once you have verified the data, you may want to remove some of the dimensions that are less useful to your users.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Done, thanks!

Not applicable
Author

HI, may I ask you a separate question?

If I am loading 2 tables and don’t want them to be linked at all even though some fields have same names, what’s the comment that I add in the script so they are loaded independently?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Lisa

In future, can I suggest that you post a new question, rather than appending to the thread.

QV uses field names to create associations between tables.To prevent the tables linking, you need to rename in one the tables the fields with the same name by using

LOAD

Field1 AS Field2

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein