Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cje
Employee
Employee

Agregates, facts and P()

Good morning,

A am actually prototyping at customer's site and I have the following problem for which I need some help:

- For performance reasons, I have created an application which contains basically an agregated facts table, a detailed facts table and dimensions tables linked to the agregated facts table, since 90% of anaylsis are performed on agregated data. Detailed fatcs are here only for specific queries.

The agregated fatcs table containing 30 million rows has a structure similar to this one:

hash_key

product_code

period_code

amount

quantity

The detailed facts table containing around 120 million rows has a structure similar to

hash_key_2

customer_code

detailed amounts and quantities

Hash keys have been created to enable the links between detailed and agregats tables. The formula to create the hash keys is basically

autonumberhash128(product_code,period_code)

Thus, they contain exactly the same values in both tables. Their name is different though to disable the natural link in the data model. The detailed facts table is considered as a data island.

Performances are good.

Now let's say, I want to calculate the distinct count of customer_codes according to current selections

As it is a very punctual demand, I execute the following formula:

COUNT({<hash_key_2=P(hash_key)>} distinct customer_code)

and it works... as far as I don't want to produce a chart like this one:

Product Code      Customer Count

P1                        10

P2                        5

P3                        7

Total:                   22

With this formula, what I get in facts is

Product Code      Customer Count

P1                        22

P2                        22

P3                        22

22 corresponding to the total of all rows, which is basically normal. Is there any possibility to perform such analysis or should I also xonsider to add PRODUCT_CODE field to my detailed facts table?

0 Replies