Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SQL Keys in QV LOAD

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is any possibility to create keys like in database architectures? If so, where can I retrieve this information? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

asolsson

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

As i understand you ask about Primarykeys,Composite keys, cascade keys, forighn keys etc if so for this i say

1. when there is a key which is connected with any table is called as key like

Table1 key

ID as Key

Table2 key

ID-Info as Key

which is directly connected to each othere and its frequency is equal in qlikview and is a unique keys and if you want to create a composite key you can create with combination of two keys like

Key1&'-'&Key 2 as CompositeKey

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

You mention it's requency; is there no way I can specify primary keys and foreign keys?

Not applicable
Author

All keys in Qlikview are natural joins (based on field name). There is no need for primary keys and foreign keys because of its assosiative nature.

Regards,

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

How will this work if I have one excelsheet with a lot of columns that I want to create several tables from, then linking them together with "keys"?

Not applicable
Author

To demonstrate a simple case:

Consider the attached excel sheet. I want to normalize the data in qlikview i.e., to split each geography level into different tables maintaining the relation. Done in the attached qlikview doc. You can see the table structure using tableviewer (CTRL+T).

Hope this clarifies your question.

Regards,

Kiran.