cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

The QlikView distribution service is not currently running

Hi,

Here is what I have:

- installed QVS 10 on x64 on a new clean system: windows 2008 server R2, 24 GB RAM, 2 x Xeon CPU

- installed the license (including control number). All fine here.

- when I go to Qlikview Management Console -> User Documents -> Reload tab I get a "The QlikView distribution service is not currently running." and a "Reconnect" button. Thus, I cannot schedule QVW file to run.

However, the service is running fine and I don't see anything wrong in the logs. Actually all Qlikview services are running fine.

PS: I have a QVS 9 on a different server which is just fine.

WHAT I TRIED:

- remove .NET 4 and replace with .NET 3.5

- uninstalled QVS 10 including from registry

- re-install (dedicated server, full install)

- still the same

RESULT:

- I cannot schedule QVWs to run

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I guess it's solved:

- I uninstalled everything and installed QVS 10 RS2 instead of QVS10 RS3.

richnorris
Creator II
Creator II

Did you try just restarting the service first? I had the same problem today and restarting the service fixed the issue!

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I did restart all Qlikview services many times with no luck.

What I noticed however is that in QVS 10 RS2 (instead of RS3) I have a new service called "ReloadEngine" which seem to be the missing chain.

At this moment I should be fine with RS2 for a while.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I encountered this problem either. Does anyone have a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I made a pratice of taking a backup of   qliktech  folder at C:\programdate\qliktech when ever i fresh install qv server either v10 or v11 and whenever my server starts acting abnormally i try restarting the services or restart the server and if that does not help i simply paste the back up folder and my server is back to normal although then i have to schedule and do my server setting i guess this helps you.

Not applicable
Author

Thts clever irfan.... good work....