Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is QVO? What is the use of it?

Hi All

In short I know that QVO is nothing but QlikView Output.But may I know what is the use of it. Also could you please let me know the difference between QVO and QVD.

Thanks

Attitude

4 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i believe qvo is qlikview object

whenver you export a chart and dont give any extention with name of file.then it will automatically stored into

filename.qvo.

where as qvd is nothing but qlikview document which native datasource for qlikview.

Sunil Chauhan
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Basically QVO is a QlikViewOutput files and they are used in exports when ever you export any chart info it will export like FileName.qvo and when you want to change its name rename it in any format like TXT, XLS, XLS, CSV it converted into that format and used as to read data from there.

And QVD is the Qlikview Data Base files they are used in qlikview and to compress the data is a QVD.

HTH

Rgds

Anand

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

we can easily undderstand that if some file is in .qvo or any other format then we can convert by changing the extention.

so

whenver you export a chart and dont give any extention with name of file.then it will automatically stored into

filename.qvo.

where as qvd is nothing but qlikview document which native datasource for qlikview.

Sunil Chauhan
kulsumb-r
Contributor
Contributor

What is the maximum number of records that can be exported into a qvo file?