Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extract 12 values

Hello,

I have a table with three columns, but over a milion rows. THe columns are: SequenceNumber, Date, SequenceValue.

I would like to create a bar chart where I will have in axis X - Sequence numbers and Sequencevalues as value of the chart. BUt, the problem is that I need first sequence value in every month. So if I have sample data like this:

22222, 2011-01-01, 500

22223, 2011-01-15, 500

22224, 2011-02-01, 500

22225, 2011-02-10, 500

22226, 2011-02-20, 500

22227, 2011-03-02, 500

22228, 2011-03-06, 500

22229, 2011-03-18, 500

etc

Is it possible to extract only sequences 22222, 22224, 22227 and put their values in a chart, because they are the first ones in first three months? I guess that "the only" thing that I have to do is to extract SequenceNumbers, because values will came bu default, but the problem is to write an expression that takes only 12 values based on months.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
its_anandrjs

Hi,

From my side i think you have to use FirstValue( ) function to calculate first value in the month in your table for the Date field.

In any type of table you can get this data like Pivot, Straight, Table Box  but it will depend how you show the data

Let me know about that.

See the attached sample file.

Rgds

Anand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can use the firstsortedvalue() function to get the first value depending on your sort criteria.

For more search help.

Will post an example tomorrow.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
its_anandrjs

Hi,

From my side i think you have to use FirstValue( ) function to calculate first value in the month in your table for the Date field.

In any type of table you can get this data like Pivot, Straight, Table Box  but it will depend how you show the data

Let me know about that.

See the attached sample file.

Rgds

Anand

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

Create a variable name

Variable1

=max(Date,12)

take pivot table

in dimension take

SequenceNumber

and one calculated dimension

=

if(Date>=$(Variable1) ,Date)  and make spress null on this dimension

take Sequence value in expression( if this not work then take sum(Sequence Value)

see the attached file for you referenec e

Sunil Chauhan
its_anandrjs

Hi,

See the attached sample file it is for Months top first values and its value see the Table Months First Values

It is based on your months first values and when your data is based on 12 month it shows first values of perticular month like 12 months, also i suggest if your table has Month field then the second table on which you calculate First value get the months value from this table it self.

Let me know about that.

HTH

Rgds

Anand

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

if you don't need to care about selection state, you could use FirstSortedValue in the script, like already mentioned above.

If you do need to care about selection state, you could use this as expression in any chart to filter the first Sequencenumber per Month:

sum({<SequenceNumber = {'$(=concat(aggr(FirstSortedValue(SequenceNumber,Date), MonthstartDate),chr(39)&','&chr(39) ))'}>} SequenceValue)

I defined MonthstartDate in the script, please see attached.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

use:

monthstart(date) as name,

aggr([Sequence numbers], name) as name1.

by doing this you will get only the sequence numbers at the month start.

try this.