Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove assigned CAL

Hello

I got the request from the user to remove CAL. Total there are 4 users, 1-> Named CAL assigned but the rest  3 users I am

not able to see any neither Document CAL nor Named CAL assigned to them. so how can delete CALs assigned to them?

I can see only that they have access to say 'abc.qvw' report. These 4 people left the organization.

Named CAL can be removed from QEMC-->Sysyem-->Licenses--> CAL-->Assigned CALs, from Assigned CALs

can I removed the named CAL assigned to one of the user.

Can some one help me into this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you clicked on the "X" sign on the Assigned CALs dialog from the System, Licenses menu, that's the way to do it right. They will be quarantined, and so they will appear now (a blue arrow will show instead of the red X). Should this page show no users, then there are no assignments at all (all licenses are available). Note that we mean Named CALs. Document CALs are set only in every document, so you need to go to the Documents tab, search for the document and remove the assignment there.

The User Management allows you to search for one particular user, and if it's configured properly, will return information on this user or users, including the licenses this user may have assigned. If you search for the three users you have removed, they will appear quarantined, or with no CALs assigned. That's ok.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

15 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

QMEC-> User Document->Click on abc.qvw-> Document CALs->

if below this

Name Last Used (UTC) Quarantined Until (UTC) *

use is listed then click X sign at the end then refresh

do te same step for each user

then restart  ther qlikview server from Services

start->run-> services.msc-> qlikview server-> restart

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

But the problem is I am not able to see any Document CAL assigned to them

What I can see is : QEMC-->User-->User Management if I type the name of the user in the Document Tab I can see the name of the Document say 'abc.qvw'. and the request come to me was, removed the license.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

go to this path document cal is not  for document Cal

on this tab it wwill show you what ever cal assign to user

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

If I go to the same path i.e. QEMC-->User-->User Management-->CALs, I am not able to see any CAL value(Named/Document) that's why I am wondering. Does it mean that, no CAL is assigned to these users??

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

QEMC-->User-->User Management-->CALs-> click on perticular document (abc.qvw)

if there is no cal value then it means there s no Cal assignt ot perticlar document.

Sunil Chauhan
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Go instead to the QEMC, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, click on QlikView Server (not Publisher) and in the right part browse to "Client Access Licenses (CALs)", "Assigned CALs". You will see there how which users have licenses assigned.

Check the "History" menu as well to see when they used their licenses last.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sunil,

That's not correct necessarily. There may be licenses assigned but not in use, that tab is intended to search for users, so by default is usually blank. The Licenses menu under the Setup part is the place to know who has Named CALs and details on the license.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

from QEMC-->System--> Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->Assigned CALs

click on 'X' mark, it will relaesed that license.

I can see only Named CAL trough this path, right?? I have removed user like this way.

But my Problem is I got request from user to removed license from 3 users.

From this path, QEMC-->User-->User Management-->CALs I can see that in CALs tab no license is assigned to them.

Does it mean that no license is assigned to them?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

Under the specified path i.e. QEMC-->System--> Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->Assigned CALs I am not able to fidn there names. Does it mean that no licnese is assigned to them ?