Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove assigned CAL

Hello

I got the request from the user to remove CAL. Total there are 4 users, 1-> Named CAL assigned but the rest  3 users I am

not able to see any neither Document CAL nor Named CAL assigned to them. so how can delete CALs assigned to them?

I can see only that they have access to say 'abc.qvw' report. These 4 people left the organization.

Named CAL can be removed from QEMC-->Sysyem-->Licenses--> CAL-->Assigned CALs, from Assigned CALs

can I removed the named CAL assigned to one of the user.

Can some one help me into this ?

15 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you clicked on the "X" sign on the Assigned CALs dialog from the System, Licenses menu, that's the way to do it right. They will be quarantined, and so they will appear now (a blue arrow will show instead of the red X). Should this page show no users, then there are no assignments at all (all licenses are available). Note that we mean Named CALs. Document CALs are set only in every document, so you need to go to the Documents tab, search for the document and remove the assignment there.

The User Management allows you to search for one particular user, and if it's configured properly, will return information on this user or users, including the licenses this user may have assigned. If you search for the three users you have removed, they will appear quarantined, or with no CALs assigned. That's ok.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

That's right, that means there are no licenses assigned. Check that the QEMC, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, Client Access Licenses (CALs), General, says

Named User CALs: 0 assigned (5 in license)

Or something similar all licenses are available (meaning no users have a license assigned). If that reads otherwise, you may have missed some steps, or users are still quarantined. Quarantine period is used to allow user to get his license back for 24 hours. After this mandatory period, then the license will be actually released so you can assign it to another user.

Does that make sense?

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

Thanks for the reply..!! yes I am not able to see those users in

QEMC-->System--> Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->Assigned CALs  and

QEMC-->Documents--> User Documents, from this if I click on particular report say'abc.qvw' I am not able to see those user names.

So concluison is no license is assigned to them.

My question is if I go to QEMC-->Documents--> User Documents-->abc.qvw & in that 'Document CAL' if I didnot find there name it also means no licnese is assigned to them, right????

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

avantikat wrote:

Thanks for the reply..!! yes I am not able to see those users in

QEMC-->System--> Licenses--> QlikView Server--> Client Access Licenses (CALs)-->Assigned CALs  and

QEMC-->Documents--> User Documents, from this if I click on particular report say'abc.qvw' I am not able to see those user names.

Then the licenses have been successfully removed.

avantikat wrote:

So concluison is no license is assigned to them.

My question is if I go to QEMC-->Documents--> User Documents-->abc.qvw & in that 'Document CAL' if I didnot find there name it also means no licnese is assigned to them, right????

That's correct. That means there are no Document CALs assigned to any user to that document. Document CALs and Named CALs are different, for what it's worth.

Please check the General information on your licenses availability as I mentioned in my previous post above, to make sure all of them are available.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

I am able to see

Named User CALs: 245 assigned (250 in license)as they are assign for various users.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ok,

That seems correct. That means that you have 5 licenses available. All the 245 users assigned should be shown in the Assigned CALs tab in the QEMC, is that correct?

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica