Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Implement master/details report in QlikView

Hi,

i'm new to QlikView 10 and i'm studying it for first time, because my customer want pass to this new technology for implementing BI Reports. I've downloaded a lot of tutorial, but no one talk about implementing master/details Reports.

I try to explain in more depth. I would like a behaviour like the following:

I've a bar chart (master chart) based on following Dimensions/Measures:

x-axis: Dimension = States (for example: Italy, England, Spain, Portugal, and son on)

y-axis: Measure = Number of toys sold in each State.

Now, if i click on Italy State, for example, it would appear another bar chart (detail chart) or another type based on following Dimensions/Measures

x-axis: Dimension = Shops (Naples, Florence, Rome and so on. They are all shops located in Italy, because in previous step i've clicked on Italy). In other words it's the second level of the hierarchy

Parent level: States

Child level: Shops

y-axis Measure = Number of toys sold in each Shop

It's possible implement a solution like this? If yes, how? Can you explain step by step, because i'm new with QV and i don't know well its GUI.

Thanks

Giancarlo

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Giancarlo,

Go to setting->document properties->Groups tab. Create a new group and add states and shops respectivity.

Create a new chart with this group as dimension and Number of toys sold as measure.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiran.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Giancarlo,

You only have to create a drill-down group (let's call it StateShop) which includes fields State and Shop, and use it as dimesnsion in your chart.  See document properties, Groups - this is the palce to create/modify Groups.