Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Blank QVD errors

Recently I have run into a problem where some of my qvd files will appear to be empty. That is, they still have the same file size they had when they were created, however, the content in them will not load into QlikView.  They are accessible when first created, but then within a week, will not load the data stored.  The other interesting part is that if you attempt to reload these qvd's, no error message will pop up, but instead you will get the alert saying execution of script failed, reload old data?  When you attempt to load the qvd into qlikview it will also take slightly longer than usual to come up and then is a completely empty preview specified as a QVD.

Has anyone else run into this issue?  Maybe some part of the file is being corrupted? 

Thanks in advance!

Running QlikView 10 SR3 64 bit server edition.

Attached is a screen shot of the blank preview when trying to load one of the qvds.

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

It never happened to me before, nut it sounds to a corrupted/locked file. I had a similar issue with an antivirus software that locked the file, although it could be opened and the result was missing or corrupted files.

Try loading using the Debug instead of the normal script execution. You can do that in the script editor window.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply,

Apparently the antivirus doesn't affect the QVD's on the server.

I tried the debugging mode and got this result:

PSL_PREMIUM (qvd optimized)

--- Script Finished ---

ScriptErrorCount          0

QvRoot          "F:"

OpenUrlTimeout          86400

StripComments          1

ErrorMode          1

WinRoot          "C:"

WinPath          "C:\Windows"

QvWorkRoot          "E:"

QvWorkPath          "E:\Brandon\MDBS"

QvPath          "F:\Program Files\QlikView"

ScriptErrorList          ""

CD          "D:"

Looks fairly normal, except of course that no data was fetched.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

So if I understood that right, it didn't crashed, but it didn't return any record either.

Use before loading the following and see how many records the file is supposed to have (if any) with the function

LET vRows = QvdNoOfRecords('C:\path\to\file.qvd'); // store into a variable

TRACE $(vRows); // show in the progress dialog

Hope that sheds some light

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Okay,

I copied what you said into the script.

It displayed:

PSL_PREMIUM (qvd optimized) 0

Then came up with the script execution failed reload old data.  Looks like it knows how many records are supposed to be in the qvd still.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If the file size is not zero (unlikely), I'm afraid the file is likely damaged. It seems its headers are fine, hence the function returns the correct number of records. Have you tried opening that QVD in a different computer or with a different version of QlikView?

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the delay, tried both and still having the same problem.  Tried in both QV 9.0, and on two different computers...  It seems as though this might be a rare problem if no one else is relating to this specific issue.

Not applicable
Author

HI Every One,

I have the same issue when I Load a qvd file which was running fine for more than an year , is now showing a blank data in the preview mode  when I load it.( the same screen shot as attached in this discussion.). Is the file Corrupted....?

If So Kindly share me the reasons for that so that I can manage that this would never happen again.

All Qlik experts I badly need your suggestions to sort out this problem.

Thanks In Advance.